Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A Dent repair story

Let’s talk about dent repair in Columbia, not a very glamourous topic to talk about, but it is one of the essential services that we need (a little more often if you’re a “cautious” driver like me). The first time I got to know about dents and that they need to be repaired, I was in high school. I hit my car while trying to parallel park and got a huge dent on the side door from the street light pole. I was driving my dad’s car, and I was practically mortified. When I came home, I decided to come clean about the dent and told my dad what had happened. My dad was so understanding and calm about the whole situation. 



Next morning my dad took the car to a dent repair in Columbia (and me with him). It was almost like teaching me a life lesson/skill; what to do when you hit your car with a street pole. The mechanic at the dent repair inspected the dent and he told my dad it was sharp dent with medium impact and paint was intact to it would require paintless dent removal. 

He told us to wait in the nearby sitting area. There was a complimentary coffee machine there for customers, pretty fancy for a dent repair in Columbia. We hardly waited for 10 minutes when my dad decided it would be a great idea to watch the repairman doing the repair on the vehicle, so we went outside. The mechanic applied little pressure on the dent and massaged the body gently to bring out the creased area. It took him almost 25 minutes to completely even out the dent. He applied some polish over it and told us we were good to go. Before leaving he gave a complimentary inspection of the car to look for any other problems it might have (it was very thoughtful and a part of great customer service). This little gesture had a great impact on us, the guy sure did know how to charm his customers. 

Our bill totaled out to be $75. We took the car and drove home. The whole experience was nice, normally car mechanics are not this well-behaved. Long story short, I’m 35 now and I still go to the same dent repair shop that my dad took me to that day. 

It is a lot more established business now, bob has more employees working for him, but I still take my car for any issues to him. Capital Detailing is one of the best repair shops I have ever come across and I would definitely recommend it to others.

1 comment:

  1. This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work! dent repair new Braunfels

    ReplyDelete